Radiology Help | Nuclear Medicine Technologist Schools | Ultrasound Technologist Schools | Radiology Technologist Schools

How long does it take to get your license to be an ultrasound tech?

I am in the process of getting my ged and i was wanting to go to college to be an untrasound technician… how would i go about getting my license and how long would it take to get them??

Posted on August 5, 2010 at 10:49 pm by radiology · Permalink
In: Ultrasound License · Tagged with: , , , ,

One Response

Subscribe to comments via RSS

  1. Written by sunflower
    on August 5, 2010 at 11:31 pm

    It’s actually referred to as a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer rather than an ultrasound tech.

    The first thing you’ll need to do after completing your GED is find an accredited Sonography program. Here’s the link:
    Then just contact the school you’re interested in to find out what the pre-requisites are for entering the program. Some only require certain classes while others require you to have a prior degree. Most programs are 2 year Associate’s degrees once you complete the pre-reqs.

    Be prepared to work hard, these programs are extremely tough and stressful, but definitely worth it. Good luck to you :)